About the Tavern
A 19th century tavern. A 21st century legacy.
Once a popular stagecoach stop, the 1846 Tavern and Restaurant at the West Dover Inn continues an important American tradition begun over 160 year ago. Nestled away in Vermont’s picturesque Green Mountains, this historic tavern and restaurant lovingly blends fresh local ingredients with modern inventive recipes to create a fun and memorable night out.
Our sauces are hand crafted, our certified Black Angus burgers and steaks are hand-cut and our fresh seafood hand selected. Enjoy an intimate fireside dinner in the dining room, a fun family night out in the restaurant or a cold drink while watching the game and listening to live music in the tavern.
Located only 2 miles from the base of Mount Snow in the town center of West Dover.
Hours, Reservations and Basic info
- Bar, Casual, Tavern and Fine Dining
- Reservations preferred
- Free parking in private lot
- Seasonal vegetables grown on site
- Bar/Restaurant opens at 4pm
- Closes at 9pm (11pm on Fridays in winter)
- Live Music Thurs-Sat (Wed-Sun in winter)
- Romantic fireside dining available by request
- Specials changed daily
- Specializes in seafood and steaks
- Wide selection of wines
- Local brews on tap